866-MYGARDEN | Contact
Patio Garden - Small Space Oasis
Select Garden Style
Coastal Rock Garden
Butterfly & Hummingbird Garden
Ocean View Villa
English Country Garden
Modern Contemporary Garden
Rock Pool & Grotto
Theme & Miniature Gardens
Feng Shui Garden
Spanish Revival Garden
Italian Revival Garden
French Revival Garden
Colonial Revival Garden
Craftsman Classic Garden
Modern Desert Garden
Home Golf Course
• It's been a pleasure working with Wayne to create extensive and detailed architectural plans for our home's outdoor spaces. We enjoyed several lengthy consulting sessions to discuss ideas, revise, and receive expert advice from Wayne. We look forward to getting bids and moving forward on our plans! Don't hesitate to give Wayne a call, he is responsive, trustworthy and above all a true professional.
⎼ Gerri and Paul, Laguna Beach
• We endeavored on a major re-landscape on our home in Orange County and Wayne was highly recommended to us! We had Wayne come over and survey our property; we liked him from the start. Wayne came with over 40 years of landscape design experience, wonderful "bedside manner" & beautiful photos of his work. We listened and like his creative ideas. We hired Wayne and he actually created our plan ahead of schedule and presented it to us......we loved it! His attention to detail was impeccable; his estimate of cost of the job was in range of our budget. The bonus is he gave us a list of licensed landscape contractors he has worked with. This really helped us find the right fit without stress and loss of time; he was there for us during the project for minor changes and "tweaks". We are very happy with the results! We highly recommend Wayne; you will not regret using him!
⎼ Diana and Bob, Lake Forest
• Wayne was a pleasure to work with. First off, once he received my request for info through Houzz, he promptly called me. He walked through his process and we set an appointment to meet. He showed up on time and really helped us solidify our thoughts and gave us great ideas on what to do with our backyard. After spending about an hour talking about the project he drew our concept. Before leaving he walked us through the materials and layout giving us more great ideas. He also gave us a list of his favorite material suppliers. Would happily refer Wayne to my friends.
⎼ Kevin, Los Alamitos
• Wayne is creative, extremely knowledgeable, and very prompt. He offered many wonderful suggestions and recommendations and also listened to our ideas and requests. Wayne designed the perfect, onsite, hard copy plan (within an hour or so) for our small, front yard project and even provided a list of contractors, as well. We highly recommend Wayne’s expertise and look forward to our front yard transformation!
⎼ Tammy and Ed, Villa Park
• We hired Wayne to design a plan for three garden beds along our north side and a rose bed in the center of our back lawn. We had our own definite ideas but wanted advice from a professional. Wayne was a great listener and kindly incorporated our ideas into the plan and then gave us some fantastic suggestions of his own. Wayne has a great eye for design and, as a horticulturist, has an extensive knowledge of plants, a winning combination. Our garden is extremely important to us and Wayne’s design plan will make it our own little paradise.
⎼ Alicia, Ladera Ranch
• We recently completed a home renovation and needed to focus our attention on the landscaping. A complete overhaul was needed and I was lucky to find Wayne. I found Wayne through Houzz and he followed up on my inquiry right away. He seemed knowledgeable on the phone, and when we met on site it was obvious he knew his stuff! He displayed his experience and expertise at each meeting, and we are happy with the overall design. We are looking forward to seeing his design "come to life."
⎼ J.S., Newport Beach
• I found Wayne through an internet search. How lucky we were!! His experience with landscape design including hardscape, his knowledge of designs to match our mid-century modern home and his knowledge of plants are amazing. He completed a very comprehensive set of design plans. He had recommendations on good companies to do the work. And, on top of this he was a pleasure to work with. I would recommend him highly.
⎼ Scott, Claremont
• What a wonderful thing when a neophyte meets an expert who is willing to patiently walk through design options for a project that we hope will become our little mecca for years to come. Wayne Smith knows his stuff. His ideas about hardscaping, flower beds, irrigation, lighting, spa, outdoor kitchen, fireplace...all came together within just two weeks and when we reviewed, all we could do is give a consistent thumbs up. He showed up precisely on time for our appointments, discussed underlying rationale for his suggestions and was completely transparent about the process and potential costs. High praise for this pro
-Jeb, Huntington Beach, Seacliff by the Greens
• Wayne was great to work with for designing our front yard. He had suggestions and kept us from making design mistakes.
⎼ Justin, City of Orange
• Wayne is awesome! He has such a wealth of knowledge and quickly understands the look and feel we wanted to accomplish. He drafted a conceptual plan for us on the spot that captured what we wanted. If you want to skip the guess work in landscape planning, reach out to Wayne
⎼ Yasser, Anaheim Hills
• Wayne is a true professional. He has such great ideas, communicates his ideas well, and has the best customer service. He assisted us with our landscape design and has been a true joy to work with. We couldn't be happier with our redesigned front yard.
⎼ Dominique and J.P., Los Angeles
• You’re hiring a partner in Wayne. Having completed some large construction projects in our yard, with mixed results, I turned to Houzz in hopes of a finding a professional reviewed positively in the community. I chose Wayne as our first contact because of his reviews, his credentials and the variety of his projects. Wayne was very patient with our schedule; our first meeting actually took place 7 months after our initial emails. Utilizing his vast book knowledge with long-term experience of the area, Wayne took our dreams and created something greater, while still a viable possibility. We started with a few disconnected visions, fruit trees, vegetable gardens, rose gardens. He turned our ideas into an actionable plan we would be lucky to live with, one that reflects our family history, our home and our physical location (a complicated, hillside lot). At every step Wayne worked with us to be sure our dreams matched our plans. He was patient with and accommodated changes from the draft plan. The final plan more than exceeded our dreams. I literally had goosebumps when he unveiled the planting page, which created great excitement for our family (partial view attached). His enthusiasm and references for contractors spoke to his hope that our dreams become a living reality. If you invest in him your dreams will become detailed, accomplishable goals all with references to complete them. You’re hiring a landscape teammate in Wayne.
⎼ Mitchell Family, Orange Park Acres
• Working with Wayne was a wonderful experience! He is timely, organized and extremely knowledgeable. His plans are thorough and easy to read. He continues to be available for questions or small changes long after we received our plans while putting them out to bid. He is very passionate about his work. I highly recommend working with Wayne for your landscape and plant design!
⎼ Jennifer and Armin, Laguna Niguel
• Wayne did a great job for us in designing our back yard renovation project. Very personable and knowledgeable about everything (plants especially) and just a joy to work with. He provided everything we need now for both our HOA approval and contractor bids for a very reasonable fee. Can't wait to show him the end result some day!
⎼ Joy and Jay, Coto de Caza
• Wayne is very pleasant and professional. He listened to me; he was prompt; he handled my changes of mind with grace; and he gave me what I asked for. I'm very pleased with the detail of his drawings and can't wait to see it all installed.
⎼ Christine, Yorba Linda
• I'm no wordsmith so please bear with me. I don't recall ever writing a review of any kind so this doesn't come natural by any means. I'm here to help those considering similar services. Please, don't waste your time with entertaining others. You will get exactly what you are seeking and then some with Wayne. We tried to do this on our own and wasted a few weeks of time in doing so. Wayne was very warm, approachable, and attentive. He was decisive with his ideas yet asked for my opinion as everything was discussed. After a couple hours, we had a beautiful design that we took to contractors for quotes. All that quoted the work thought it would look beautiful with no modifications to Wayne's plan. We are excited to break ground and can't wait to share photos.
⎼ Andrew, Brea
• Do not hesitate to hire Wayne! He is truly an expert in his field. He has extensive knowledge of hardscape, softscape, irrigation, lighting, and drainage. He designed our backyard and had a terrific understanding of the contemporary look and feel we wanted to create. We experienced some problems with our contractor and Wayne has been on our side to help us tackle that issue. He is detail-oriented, prompt, courteous, honest, and patient. We are very grateful to have found Wayne. He has brought some calm to a somewhat stressful project. He really is the best!
⎼ Rahul and Tasnim, Tustin Legacy, Tustin
• My husband and I had a pleasure of meeting Wayne over 2 years ago. He designed our landscape and hardscape for our brand new house. He is extremely knowledgeable and a true professional. He patiently took time to deliver our project the way we desired. He is very courteous and punctual. Our project was completed on time and we were very pleased. We still bother Wayne with questions regarding our plants and he doesn’t hesitate to help. Thanks Wayne!
⎼ Kathy and Pejman, Yorba Linda
• Wayne was wonderful, professional and reliable. He has a great vision for landscaping and can tie everything together. He really knows his stuff and is very experienced and knowledgeable about plants, trees and flowers. We were very happy with his work and highly recommend him.
⎼ Tom & Barbara Lunnen, San Juan Capistrano
• Wayne is especially deserving of a 5 star rating due to his amazing responsiveness, detail and professionalism. On top of this, he is a true gentleman and is a true pleasure to work with. His knowledge and experience with landscape design and particularly his expertise with plants/planting. His humor and energy made the entire process very enjoyable for our family. I recommend Wayne enthusiastically and wholeheartedly.
⎼ Daniel and Amanda, Baker Ranch, Lake Forest
• We hired Wayne to help draw up plans for our yard renovation. We are very happy with his design plans - he demonstrated deep expertise in plant selection and design, and provided us with very detailed blueprints for the contractor. He was great to work with and he took the time to understand our preferences well before providing his final design.
⎼ Marcus and Alexandra, Ladera Ranch
• From our first call with Wayne to the final plans my husband and I couldn’t be more happy with our choice! We have been in our home over 25 years and the front and back yards just came together over the years and needed work. So what do to we asked ourselves? The answer was an architect. Wayne was able to work with our existing flagstone hardscape, which we love, and figure out a way to meet all our competing requirements - vegetable garden, desert tortoise enclosure, orchid placement, citrus trees, and of course some area for the grandchildren to play! And that’s just the backyard. My husband gets to keep his collections of rocks and display them in a steam bed in the front yard. All his plant selections are prefect for our small front yard. We can’t wait to get bids from the contractors he has recommended and get started on our new yard.
⎼ Lance and Joan, Laguna Niguel
• When they say “it’s time to call in the experts” this is literally who they are talking about. Wayne’s experience and expertise is so vast I can’t believe his rates are so affordable. Additionally he is exceedingly professional. He does what he says he will-when he says he will. For me that was in less than 24 hours. Wayne has an integrity that is hard to come by these days. A true master of his craft and as a bonus he is also a really nice person. When you meet him you will know you are in good hands. In my case I needed an expert opinion that would stand up anywhere. Wayne offers that and so much more, he is honest and takes the time to answer your questions in great detail. I am so grateful to be working with him. If you want someone who truly knows what they are talking about and is dependable and affordable then call Wayne!
⎼ Presley, San Juan Capistrano
• I have known and worked with Wayne for nearly two decades. I first met him when he joined our design build firm. He quickly became the division’s most respected staff designer. During that time we also developed a deep personal bond. We both have ventured into new areas and ventures over the years but have always stayed in touch. Any person looking for a professional landscape designer that has integrity, a vast amount of industry knowledge, Talent, and is attentive in listening to clients’ needs should make Wayne their first and only choice.
⎼ Joe Lascola, Huntington Beach
• I am so thankful we found Wayne to help us with our backyard project! We tore out everything in our backyard and were left with an overwhelming rectangle of dirt. We had a vision of what we wanted for our space but no idea where or how to get started. Wayne asked what we wanted in our space and what the space would be primarily used for. We had a prepared list of “must haves” and “would be nice to haves” that we went over together - with his help, we were able to get everything on our list into the plan! Wayne also gave us some great recommendations for plants that would work in every part of our space. We were very impressed with his knowledge of horticulture (he explained to us he taught horticulture at Cal Poly Pomona for many years). He was very patient with us as we Googled each plant or flower to see what it looked like. At the end of our meeting, Wayne left us with a wonderful drawing of our space and a written out list of things decide on (if we do the project ourselves) or to follow up with a contractor on (if we decide to hire outside help). That night, he emailed us some suggestions for stores and websites to visit for purchasing fountains, fire pits, BBQ’s, sod, plants and flowers, etc. Wayne was very pleasant to work with and I felt that he really listened to and understood what we wanted with our space. We plan to do most of the work ourselves and I am thankful to Wayne for not only helping us with the layout of our dream backyard, but for giving us great, practical advice and things to be aware of or to look out for when tackling our project. Overall, I couldn’t be happier with our experience with Wayne and would recommend him to anyone at any experience level or stage of design/construction. Thank you Wayne!
⎼ Savannah, San Clemente
• We are so fortunate to have found Wayne and have him design our front yard landscape. He is extremely knowledgeable of plants (as he is a professor of horticulture!). He was able to provide us guidance on what plants are truly appropriate for the area space as well as better options for the environment. As our HOA requires landscape to coincide with the home’s architectural style, he was able to assist us with selecting appropriate plants. We were impressed to discover he was on the board for our HOA as an architectural landscape consultant. Wayne provided great ideas for design of the yard, placement of the plants and even provided ideas for updating our driveway. He was able to provide us a beautifully drawn sketch of the landscape design as well as specific details of the plants required and important construction notes to provide to the landscape contractor. We are very happy with the design and service Wayne provided!
-Heather, Ladera Ranch
• I recently bought a home in Irvine. I have a rather large tiled patio space in the back and wanted to do something special with it. But I have no knowledge of plants, which plants would look good, which plants would survive best, and which would require not too much water. I found Wayne on Houzz.com and I feel lucky I did. I wanted not only plant advice but also someone who could help me design the space. I wanted not only plants but furniture, a fire pit, and a fountain. Wayne did all that for me. He came over and took measurements. The following week he brought to me a professionally drafted design for my space, complete with a variety recommended plants, pots, furniture, fountain and the best places to get them. This was all for a surprisingly reasonable one-time price. It was exactly the information I needed. Now I can set about to obtain everything and create my dream patio environment at my own pace, and according to my budget.
Wayne is a pleasure to work with, very easygoing, not pushy, and he’s prompt. An interesting thing about him is his knowledge of horticulture. He’s a walking encyclopedia! He explained to me that he taught and was the founder and program director of the Landscape Technologies Program at Cal Poly University Pomona for 24 years. He was also the founder/director of the Xeriscape Water Conservation Program at UCI. He walked with me through the yard and told me the names of all of my existing plants, even he rare ones with both their common as well as their botanical names : “This is a Dombeya Wallichii “ “That is a Dizygotheca” etc etc etc for every single plant. I was awed!! He rattled off the names as readily and matter-of-factly as if I had asked him if the sun was shining. And it was! I can’t say enough about Wayne!!
⎼ Dr. Jay Goland, Irvine
“Give me odorous at sunrise,
a garden of beautiful flowers
where I can walk undisturbed.”
Enter your details below and Wayne will contact you.